The National Grid has this week launched the second non-statutory consultation on Norwich to Tilbury (formerly known as East Anglia GREEN). They are proposing to build approximately 183 km of transmission infrastructure from Norwich to Tilbury as part of The Great Grid Upgrade.
The second non-statutory consultation will run for eight weeks, closing on 21 August 2023.
They are still at an early stage of developing their proposals for this project. They are asking for feedback on their preferred draft alignment, which shows potential positions for overhead lines and associated pylons, underground cables, cable sealing end compounds (where overhead lines are joined to underground cables) and connection substations.
To confirm, South Norfolk Council raised an Objection to the last consultation.
One of the issues/concerns raised was the lack of public consultation events with only one being held in Mulbarton for the whole of South Norfolk. They have confirmed that they will be holding three events at Diss, Tibenham and Tasburgh.
The public event being held at the Diss Youth & Community Centre, Shelfanger Road, Diss IP22 4EH will take place on 7th July 2023, 2-7pm.
Webinars will also be held on Wednesday 5th July -1-2pm, Tuesday 25th July – 7-8pm, Saturday 12th August – 10-11am and Thursday 17th August – 10-11am.
The main documentation and consultation resources, can be found on the project webpage , which includes an Interactive map , detailing the proposed route of the pylons much more clearly than had been shared previously.
Please find links to the key documents below;
- Project background document – Provides an overview of the project and detailing the proposals and how they are consulting.
- Design Development report – An in-depth technical document detailing the work they have undertaken to date, focusing on the work since the 2022 consultation.
- 2022 non-statutory consultation Feedback Report and appendices – Summarises the feedback received during the 2022 consultation and how it has been considered.
- Community newsletter – Summarising details of the project and public consultation.
- Consultation feedback form (online version: Feedback questionnaire (participatr.io)) – To gather consultation comments and feedback.
- Interactive map
- Frequently Asked Questions