Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2020
Local Audit & Accountability Act 2014 Sections 25,26 & 27
The Accounts & Audit Regulationss 2015 (SI 2015/234
The Accounts & Audit (Coronavirus)(Amendment) Regulations 2020(SI2020/404)
1. Date of announcement Wednesday 10th June 2020
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance & Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointment Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect & Make copies of the accounting records for the finacial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts & other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested, For the year ending 31 March 2020, these documents will be available on resonable notice by application to:
Lisa Shulver – Parish Clerk & RFO, 59D High Rd, Wortwell, Harleston, NORFOLK IP20 0HA. Telephone 01986 788048
Commencing on Monday 15 June 2020 and ending Friday 24 July 2020
3. Local Government electors & their representatives also have;
* The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
* The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report of apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor & a copu sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The Appointed auditor is;
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
15 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by Lisa Shulver, Parish Clerk & RFO